Post by Lake Shore Ryan on Mar 23, 2018 22:42:28 GMT -5
Key program details
- Teslameter hardware is complete, with future optional updates applying to software and firmware only. This means that at the end of the program, all Collaborator Program teslameters will have equivalent functionality to new teslameters.
- A discount of 15% will be applied to the price of both teslameter models for the duration of the program.
- Downloading software updates requires a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection to the internet.
- Product feedback can be provided on this forum, with development updates being posted here as well.
How do I join?
The program is open to anyone who purchases one of the new Teslameters, where "joining the program" means you choose to engage with us on this forum and optionally switch your teslameter to receive beta software updates (a reversible process). There is no official application process. The discount is offered as an incentive to purchase the product before development is complete and is not contingent on you agreeing to engage with us.
Not ready to purchase one of the new teslameters, but interested in following along with development? Sign up to receive notifications at lakeshore.com/teslameters.
Current feature priority
- Buffered data streaming [in-progress] - Readings to be buffered and sent to user on request, allowing the user to reconstruct a continuous data set with consistent time intervals down to 10 ms and as high as 10 sec
- Cryo-mode [in-progress] - ties in with the release of new cryogenic Hall probes for the teslameters. Lowered excitation to minimize self-heating and possibility for temperature data to be communicated with the teslameter for temperature compensation into the cryogenic temperature range.
- Field control [in-progress] - Option card that can be added to a teslameter, allowing closed-loop field control
- AC filtering [in-progress] - Addition of settable high and low pass filtering in AC and high-frequency modes
- Data logging - On-board data collection that can be saved to a USB flash drive and transferred to a PC
- Field chart recorder - Live on-screen plot of measurement data vs time
- Pulse capture - On-screen display and/or logged information for a captured magnetic pulse
- Threshold alarms - user settable values that can be used for on-instrument Pass/Fail assessment
- Profiles - allow the instrument configuration to be saved and recalled to easily switch between predefined measurement tasks
- Pause display readings - Allow the user to halt on-screen measurement updates. Useful when there is a lot of data on the screen updating at the same time.
- Support for arbitrary Hall elements - The teslameters currently support Lake Shore's newly developed 2Dex Hall probes and sensors only.
- Configurable spinning frequency - Allowing multiple teslameters to operate with sensors in close proximity without interfering with each other.
- Audible maximum find - Helpful for aligning hall element for maximum field when you can't see the teslameter screen.
- DIY calibration verification - Allow the user to check the calibration of a teslameter onsite with appropriate equipment.
- DIY calibration - Allow the user to calibrate the teslameter onsite with appropriate equipment.